Boy oh boy has this past year been full of surprises! I can’t wait to fill you guys in now that I am starting to write again here on my blog. With tons of plans and goals I have for both my personal and blog life, it’s pretty exhilarating to be in this new chapter.
I’ve been blogging for over 3 years now on three platforms including this site, Instagram, and Youtube. As you know from my last blog post I hadn’t been on this site for over two years and I recently lost motivation and interest in the other two at the end of 2017, so now that I am back I feel I can finally dedicate my “all” to this blog again. 2018 is going to be the year of growth. I want Nette’s Scrapbook to be a huge part of my growth and help put myself out there more! Here I am laying it out on the table for my own accountability and to help inspire others, what’s sweeter than that?
2018 Blogging Goals…
- Being Consistent – I can’t tell you how much I struggle with this on so many different aspects of my life and it’s probably the one that affects me the most. Different things influence it from time to time such as my lack of interest/motivation, or self-approval. Regardless I need to kick my butt into gear and dedicate time to it if I really want to flourish. Take it like parenting, you gotta do your best no matter how rough life can get. Writing more about what I love and what is relatable will definitely help keep the consistency flowing!
- 100 Blog Posts – This is gonna be a tough one but I’m super excited to reach this goal, it forces me to be creative and really write and share with all of you the things that create interest and passion while getting TONS of content out there!
- Blog more places in the GTA – Whether it be a hidden gem or a popular restaurant, Toronto is an AMAZING place to gather for fun social events or quiet family getaways. Either way, I intend to share my findings!
- Reach 10K followers on Instagram – Already being close with 7000+ followers, I set the bar low here, baby steps I say, with everything going on I didn’t wanna overwhelm my focus on IG.
- Send out 20 pitches – I’ve been in contact with different brands before but I never personally put myself out there and pitched myself to a company I love. Something I will be doing this year for sure, hopefully it turns out for the best!
Practicing Healthy Habits…
- Exercise – This is another one at the top of the list. I’ve been longing to find confidence in my physical appearance and I don’t just mean an apple bottom or hourglass shape, but overall strength and security. I always think to myself “you’re a mother of two wonderful kids, why not be the best that you can be mentally and physically?”. Whether it be Yoga or Tabata its something I’m determined to achieve.
- Read More – I’ve always loved reading. It’s something about leaving reality for a while to enjoy a good story or learn something interesting that has me feeling revived and focused. “A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.”
― George R.R. Martin
- Early To Bed, Early To Rise… “makes a
manperson healthy, wealthy, and wise!” (see what I did there?). This one is pretty simple, get more sleep while being able to wake up early and conquer the day. I can’t stress enough how much of a morning person I am NOT… I’ll keep you posted on this one.
- Be More Grateful – I cherish everyone in my life and realize I don’t spend enough time to myself to be thankful for all the things that come my way. Knowing how easy it is to forget when feeling down, I want to be reminded of all those things in tough moments.
- Take More Photos – I got a collection I wanna build for me and my children. Pictures are worth a million words and I plan to take full advantage of it this year with more memories to be made.
Phew, that’s definitely more than a handful! The year is still beginning, what are your plans for 2018? Be sure to subscribe to keep my butt in gear and see this journey unfold.
Let’s stay in touch!